Have you gotten pothole damage to your car in Hudson Valley?

One of the most difficult challenges drivers confront on the road is avoiding potholes, which have appeared and are not being repaired on highways around the state of New York. If you have suffered bent or cracked rims needing  wheel repairs in Orange County then you know what we are talking about.

What many drivers are unaware of is that they may be able to file a claim with NYC for pothole damage to their vehicles. The motorist must submit the precise location of the accident or damage, as well as photograph the damaged vehicle, the pothole, and a broad image of the road and surrounding area where the incident occurred.

This can help many who take the commute to the city everyday for work.


What about up here in Hudson Valley?

Unfortunatley, if the damage occurs here in Orahge County NY you may be out of luck. This is because the roads up here are not under the New York City Comptroller’s office juristiction.

What can you do?

  • Contact your local government office.
  • Contact your local congressman.
  • Call your insurance company to see if they can help with the cost of wheel repairs or replacement.
  • Replace or repair the rims yourself ouut of pocket.

The sad truth is that as long as we have snow and ice up here in the winter we will have potholes.




You May Also Like